- # France will be the site of the world's first nuclear fusion reactor, the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor
- # Seven of France's top ten exports to the U.S. are industrial or high technology products.
- # France is the fourth largest producer of automobiles in the world (Renault, Peugeot, Citroën) and the third largest exporter.
- # France is fourth in research among countries of the Organization for Economic Development and Cooperation (after Japan, Germany, and the US).
- # France is a major world research center in the field of high energy physics.
- # The French are a world leader in medical research: the AIDS virus was first isolated by French doctors.
- # The French are a leader in medical genetics (the Human Genome Project is located in Paris).
- # The French are the world's third manufacturers of electronics equipment.
- # European leader in aerospace (Aérospatiale, Arianespace, Airbus...).
- # Most commercial satellites are put into space on French Ariane rockets.
- # The fastest train (TGV) is French.
- # The smart card was used on a large-scale basis in France.
- # The ocean liner Queen Mary II was built in France.
- # France is the world's third military power (after the US and Russia), and has the world's second largest defense industry (i.e. exocet missiles, radar technology.)
- # The French have nearly 15,000 troups on peace-keeping duties in 15 countries including Afghanistan, the Balkans, and the Ivory Coast.
- # France is the world's second largest builder and exporter of civilian and military aircraft and helicopters (Airbus is the world's second largest fleet of commercial airliners, and many of the US Coast Guard helicopters are made by Aérospatiale in Toulouse.)
- # France has one of the most advanced systems of telecommunications in the world. Fiber optics were invented in France.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Posted by breakblog at 2:58 PM
Friday, February 22, 2008
American University of Paris
College de France
* Ecole Centrale Paris
* Ecole Centrale de Lyon
* École Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées
* École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris
* Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de St-Etienne
* Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Electronique, d'Electrotechnique, d'Informatique et d'Hydraulique de Toulouse
* Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Ingenieurs en Construction Aeronautique (ENSICA)
* Ecole Nationale Superieure des telecomunnications de Paris (ENST)
* Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile (ENAC)
* École Nationale des Telecommunications de Bretagne
* École Normale Supérieure
* Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon
* École Polytechnique
* École Supérieure D'Électricité
* École Supérieure D'Ingénieur en Électronique et Électrotechnique
* Ecole Supérieure en Sciences Informatiques
* Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris
* European Institute of Business Administration
* Institut National de Physique Nucleaire et de Physique des Particules
* Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon
* Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Toulouse
* Institut National des T?l?communications
* Institut Supérieure D'Electronique du Nord
* Institut d'Informatique d'Entreprise
* Institut des Mathematiques Appliquees de Grenoble
* Strasbourg University
* Université Paris IX Dauphine
* Université d'Aix-Marseille III
* Université d'Angers
* Université de Caen
* Université de Franche-Comté
* Université de Marne la Vallée
* Université de Provence
* Université de Savoie
* Université de la Méditerranée
* Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
* Universite Lumiere Lyon
* Universite d'Orleans
* Universite de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour
* Universite de Technologie Compiegne
* University of Picardie
* University of Rennes 1
Posted by breakblog at 4:57 AM
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Scholarships and Financial aid available for International Students in France
Problems that may arise due to lack of finance may be overcame by various trusts and grants available. Many organizations are ready to finance you if you have some extra talent or you are good on your studies. These grants will be very helpful for continuing your higher studies in France.
Some of the grants available are:
French government grants
Grant applications are handled by the cultural service of French embassies abroad. For more information, contact the cultural service of the French embassy in your country, as well as the web site of the French ministry of foreign affairs.
Grants by your own country's government
for study abroad or for study in France in particular. In some countries, private foundations and educational institutions offer financial aid for study abroad.
Grants from international and non-governmental organizations
For more information: UNESCO publishes a directory of grants in its publication, Study abroad.
Scholarships and grants from the French government
A.1 "Lavoisier" scholarships
For a stay outside of France for 5-12 months, for research, further study or specialisation, by a French doctoral student (including cotutelle student). Max monthly grant of 1524 €
A.2 "Citere" grants
For a stay of 12-18 months, outside France, for research or further study by a young French graduate employed in the private sector.
A.3 "Aires culturelles" grants
Grants to support short visits abroad by French doctoral candidates in humanities and social sciences.
A.4 "Cotutelle" grants from the French Ministry for Research
A 5100 € grant for Australian or French students in a cotutelle program. The grant is given to the French university and used in priority for travel expenses.
A.5 "Excellence" and "Major" scholarships from the AEFE (agence pour l’enseignement français à l’étranger)
DL2005: 15 may 2005
Undergraduate scholarships for students from the French high schools abroad. In Australia, only the students from Telopea in Canberra and Condorcet in Sydney can apply. This scholarship program is not open to French nationals.
A.6 "Eiffel" postgraduate scholarships DL2006: 13/01/2006
Postgraduate scholarships in the following fields: engineering, law, political sciences, economy, management. The application is filed by the French university on the behalf of the foreign student.
For further information: www.egide.asso.fr/fr/programmes/eiffel/
A.7 Ministry of agriculture; alimentation, fishing and rural affairs scholarships www.agriculture.gouv.fr
The French Ministry of agriculture offers grants and scholarships for French nationals who want to do a study project or internships abroad.
A.8 "Eiffel" doctoral scholarships
New program from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs aimed at doctoral students registered in a cotutelle. For more information (in French) www.egide.asso.fr/eiffel-doctorat
A.9 « Charcot » scholarships in medical sciences.
This scholarship of up to one year is open to young academics and researchers working in the field of medical sciences. The « charcot » scholarships support a project in medical research.
Scholarships and grants from French institutions of higher education
B.1 ENS - ULM grants
DL2005: 15 March 2005
Three years scholarships for foreign students (including Australian students) to do a program in humanities or sciences at the ENS (Ecole normale supérieure, rue d’Ulm, Paris). The applicants should be in their final year of undergraduate studies for the humanities program or the 2nd or final year of undergraduate studies for the sciences program.
B.2 ENS- CACHAN grants
DL2005: 15 April 2005
Postgraduate scholarships to do a master or Phd at the ENS (école normale supérieure) in Cachan.
B.3 ENS- LYON grants
DL2005 : 15 April 2005
Posted by breakblog at 11:59 AM